24 October 2010

Week 4 in Review

I wish I didn’t skip week 3 review. Now I don’t remember what I learned that week.

1. Economic Analysis

The problem set was a killer. I had to solve models, find data, graph data, and read articles. It was vey time consuming, but on the other hand it was somewhat enjoyable. The lectures also have become little more interesting as models are less arithmetic and more controversial. We covered social security and public debt, discussed Ricardian equivalence and fiscal multiplier.

2. Game Theory

We finished discussing Bernoulli function and began to talk about mixed strategy equilibrium. I am stating to think that game theory notations are ugly. The lectures have been more or less standard, but I am looking forward to the proof of existence of a Nash equilibrium for any game.

3. Statistics

Finished the chapter on joint distribution and began the one on expected value. Joint distribution was somewhat difficult; I feel I need to review my multivariable calculus. I was introduced to St. Petersburg paradox and realized that gambling contributed quite a lot to human knowledge.

4. Real Analysis

The midterm was the most difficult exam I have done so far. There were three parts to the exam, and I didn’t even get to read the third part. Anyways, finished the chapter on integration.

No comments: